This is a position with The Alinea Group’s Business Operations (Bizops) department tasked with assisting with monitoring and analysis of sales, table utilization, labor, marketing, procurement, cost of goods sold, and other high impact items related to the financial performance at the restaurants. The variety of projects requires this position to work collaboratively with Chef Grant Achatz, Nick Kokonas, and all departments including Business Information, Human Resources, Business Development, Guest Relations and with our CFO / COO. The work produced by the BizOps team member impacts the decision making of the restaurant managers, chefs, and ownership. The role requires an advanced Excel skill level, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to manage a project from initial hypothesis to implementation. The most successful BizOps team members have a strong interest in restaurants, fine dining service, cooking, beverage, or other hospitality sectors.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- Ventra transit benefit
- Employee dining discount
- Catered lunch and office dogs
- Ability to communicate in proper English both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Experience analyzing and presenting data.
- 2 or more years experience in a related business field.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheet experience.
- Fluency in a foreign language.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Restaurant industry experience.
- Exemplary attention to detail in regards to financial analysis and accounting related items.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Professionalism and confidentiality of sensitive information including revenue, payroll, business development plans and other financial matters.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain courteous and cooperative behavior with restaurant managers, employees, and business team members.
- Ability to successfully work with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Prior formalized analytical training.
- Prior experience troubleshooting large batches of data.
- Interest or experience in restaurant service, restaurant operations or cooking.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with BizOps manager on unique projects involving complex analysis. Projects may include but are not limited to: system utilization, resource selection, process improvement or implementation.
- Participates in the maintenance of our accounting systems in order to streamline, improve, and evolve the current standards.
- Maintains advanced level knowledge of:
Google Products (Sheets, Analytics, Data Studio, etc)
Microsoft Office (Excel & Powerpoint)
Other (Quickbooks, Expensify, Mekko Graphics, Salesforce, Bevager, Paylocity & Tock)
- Actively participates in the reporting and the analysis of the following:
- Maintain reporting dashboards
- Respond to manager emails and project request
- Record and confirm sales for restaurants
- Review dashboards and report weekly summaries to management teams
- Monitor upcoming pre-sold sales for all restaurants
- Review monthly P&L statements for each restaurant to look for areas of improvement or areas in which we need to recognize achievement
- Attend bi-weekly restaurant meetings between business team and restaurant managers to discuss performance and opportunities for the business team to help out with
- Review seating templates for each restaurant and ensure Tock is up-to-date with reservation inventory
- Assist in quarterly review and clean-up of accounting system
How to apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
Deadline to apply: 11:59 PM, Sunday, April 7th, 2019
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers