Study Name: Wellness for 2
Researchers at Northwestern University are looking for volunteers to help us practice for an upcoming research project. The purpose of this project is to test different types of advanced wearable technology. At the end of the study, we will have a brief discussion to answer any questions you have. We will also ask you to give us some feedback about the technology. Visits to the lab will take approximately 1.5 - 2 hours to complete. We will also ask you to complete some activities on your own for 1 day.
You may be eligible to participate if you are: 18 years or older, pregnant and in their 1st or 2nd trimester, receiving prenatal care, own a smartphone, and do not have an allergy or skin condition that prevents you from touching adhesives or silicone. Participants will be asked to:
• Attend 2 in-person visits at Northwestern University Chicago Campus
• Answer questionnaires about stress, emotions, health behaviors, and technology
• Wear a wireless heart rate (ECG) monitor for 1 day while doing your usual activities
• Try two other commercial sensors in the lab (chest worn heart rate sensor and wristband sensor)
• Answer 5 short surveys on your smartphone spread out across 1 day
No treatment or intervention will be provided as part of this study.
Eligible participants will be compensated for their time. Free parking will be available for in-person visits.
To learn more and complete our preliminary eligibility survey visit: https://redcap.nubic.northwestern.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=7EH7799E3W.
Investigator: Lauren Wakschlag, PhD
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers