compensation: $25-$40 depending on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A Home Instruction Teacher works with a student to keep them connected to their school of attendance during periods of time when the student is unable to attend school for medical reasons. The Home Instruction teacher travels to the student’s home and serves as the conduit between the student, the student’s family, and the teacher(s)of record at the student’s school of attendance during the time period when the student is unable to attend school.
Home Instruction through June 21, 2019. Start date is immediate. 1 hour for each day that school is in session. (Typically 5 hours per week). Days and time are negotiable with the family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides instruction to meet the individual needs of students based on the Educational Plan developed by ACE Amandla teachers.
- Understands that Home Instruction teaching may be fluid with the goal to help students maintain their academic rigor as closely as possible, ultimately allowing reintegration following their time away from school.
- Work in concert with ACE Amandla teacher(s) to keep the student moving forward in his/her classes. Maintains communication and follow guidance from the school of attendance teacher(s) of record to implement and carry out Educational Plan provided by the teacher(s) of record, keeping to the scope and sequence of activities that can be duplicated at home.
- Keep log of visits, times, and material covered.
- Return completed work to ACE Amandla.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must hold proper certification with ISBE as a teacher. Pass background check. Must be able to transport self to the student's residence.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers