Purpose: To manage the quality of Cleanslate business services, develop customer relationships, assists with the professional development of staff, and contribute to the overall strategic plan of Cleanslate.
As a social enterprise undertaken by Cara, Cleanslate is a small but mighty cleaning machine, differentiated by its fast and friendly service and its deep commitment to the community. We provide what some might consider an ordinary service (litter abatement, landscaping, snow removal) in an extraordinary way, so that all Chicago neighborhoods - from Uptown to South Shore to many communities in between - can take pride in the safety, revitalization, and vibrancy that is created through clean streetscapes serviced by motivated and motivating people. We don't just get the job done, we do it in a way that makes you feel good too. This unique DNA is what truly sets it apart.
Essential functions and duties:
• Oversee a group of service lines including landscaping, snow removal, power washing, and other comparable services.
• Build a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and safety within operations by keeping the lines of communication open and increasing accountability.
• Develop tracking and control measures for staff and drive quality performance.
• Ensure frontline staff is accurately completing all necessary documentation.
• Analyze operational data and current processes to maximize efficiency.
• Manage major projects to improve operations from beginning to end.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Responsible for managing customer relations with all relevant constituents including; emails, collecting and forwarding data, attending meetings, and special events.
• Assist contracts department with operational questions in regards to contracts.
• Assist Manager of Operations with critical feedback on performance related to staff and equipment. (Landscape, Snow removal, Power washing and Special projects)
• Attend management meetings as requested.
• Ensure all human resource items are properly executed by Cleanslate management team.
• Perform additional duties as deemed necessary and appropriate by Cleanslate Management.
• 4-6 years of experience in relatable industry preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office- able to book meetings in Outlook, create charts for scheduling projects, create presentations in PowerPoint for operations staff.
• Capable of overseeing multiple projects and crews remotely.
• Ability to work under pressure and provide critical thinking to provide favorable outcomes.
Full time salaried position with pay commensurate with experience. Cleanslate is a great place to work and offers an excellent benefit package including paid vacation, medical and dental insurance and 401k.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to this posting.
Cara is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers