compensation: 15.00 an hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our Purpose: To be the top rated full service motorcycle shop in Chicago.
We are looking for quality mechanics with history of working in a shop. Dealerships preferred, automotive or motorcycle training preferred but not required. Starting as a mechanic, other opportunities include Do It Yourself (DYI) instructor, Workshop instructor, parts development and participation in our new flat track racing program.
We operate as a team and take input from any and all team members via weekly shop meetings and monthly one on ones.
● Diagnose and repair to specifications – braking systems, exhaust, carburetors and fuel injection, ignition and electrical systems.
● Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
● Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
● Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
● Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
● Maintain an organized and neat bay.
● Adhere to all company policy, procedure, safety and environmental rules.
● A High School Diploma or GED
● At least 2-3 years of strong mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience.
● ASE certification preferred.
● You'll also need a high level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
● Must have a valid driver’s license.
Hours and compensation
● Standard hours are Tuesday through Friday 10-6. Saturdays 12-5. Endless opportunity for overtime including mechanical work as well as in the DIY operation.
● Compensation will begin at $15 per hour.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers