compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Roots Handmade Pizza is growing and opening its newest location in mid August! We are looking for friendly and caring Line Cooks who enjoys being around people and working in a fast-paced environment with a supportive team. Roots Handmade Pizza is a fun, fast-paced environment with great food, craft beer, and a cool, neighborhood atmosphere. It’s a fun place to work and a great place to start a career too.
A Line cook will be responsible for working their station in the kitchen. Keeping a clean and sanitary work environment. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
• Set up and stock stations with all necessary mise en place
• Answer, report, and follow instructions from executive chef, sous chef, and/or kitchen managers
• Prepare food for service
• Cook menu items in compliance with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Keep a positive and professional approach with coworkers
• Make sure that food comes out simultaneously with great quality and in a timely manner
• Comply with nutrition and allergy regulations and standards
• Help with preparation of pizza dough and other prep if needed
• Must pass/take a Food Handlers Certificate within two weeks of hire date
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
• complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning
• Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed
• Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed
• Be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
• Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, climb stairs, finely manipulate and key in data
• Work in both warm and cool environments
• Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
• Returning unused items after service to the correct inventory location, or storing cooked goods for use at another service
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
• At least 18 years old
• Have a minimum of 1 year line cook experience
• Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
• Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently
• Ability to work in high volume environments
• Ability to work early morning hours or late evening hours
• Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 to 5 days per week
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, and how to use kitchen equipment
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 15 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers