QR Code Link to This Post
The Smith is a casual neighborhood Brasserie with a simple mission: make people happy. We are passionate about taking great care of our employees, our guests, and our community. We are obsessed with building a positive, empowering, and supportive culture. By working closely with local farmers and purveyors that we trust, The Smith serves delicious food and drinks people crave. The menu features bistro classics, seasonal fare, and craft cocktails. Its signature lively atmosphere makes The Smith a versatile setting for an after-work bite, drinks on the town, a birthday bash, a working lunch, a boozy brunch, or an I-don't-want-to-cook-tonight night.
The Position: Sous Chef
Corner Table Restaurants is looking for a Sous Chef to join our team at The Smith. The Smith serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner featuring a selection of farm fresh, familiar and creative bistro dishes using local, natural and sustainable ingredients. Must be willing to travel. The Smith River North is opening early 2019, but we are hiring now to start training in our DC or NYC Restaurants.
- Properly managing all operations of the kitchen.
- Upholding the highest standards of food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements to ensure the health and safety of staff and guests.
- Overseeing and ensuring that all company systems and policies are maintained at all times.
- Manages all quality aspects in the kitchen.
- Teach Corner Table Restaurants Core Values to all new hires and existing team.
What Makes You Great
- You are confident in building and leading a strong team.
- You exemplify the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- You are willing to go above and beyond to please guests.
- You are highly confident in your abilities and are detail-oriented.
- You are a team player and have excellent communication skills.
- You genuinely get joy out of making people happy and are able to have fun while working.
- You have a love and passion for the hospitality industry.
What Makes Us Great
- A positive, supportive, and inclusive work environment.
- Competitive salary and company incentives.
- Comprehensive benefits plans for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Dining program.
- Bring a friend to work bonus.
- A great environment to work in surrounded by talented, hardworking, passionate, and fun people.
- Tremendous Growth Opportunities.