compensation: Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Plastic Surgery Practice is looking for part or full time Certified Medical Assistant to join our growing operating and clinical room team! Plastic Surgery or operating room experience preferred but not required.
You need a positive ‘can do’ personality and understand that the operating room requires flexible hours as patients are our priority.
Send your resume for consideration. You will be working in a surgical center environment and must be willing to work in the operating room and be able to show up to work early mornings on rotating shifts (2-3x per week). Half your week will in the Operating Room and the other half your week will be working the Front Desk for clinic.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Objectives:
• Completes Environment of Care Checks
• Completes Preoperative paperwork.
• Prepares patients for examination. Sets up rooms for appropriate procedures.
• Maintains pathology and laboratory logs.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt. Keep exams rooms fully stocked.
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
• Assist in turning over and cleaning operating between cases.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Greet Incoming Patients & Situating them in Waiting Room
• Ensuring the comfort of guests
• Complete Medical History/Patient Check In
• Ensure clean medical environment by maintaining office (mopping, sweeping, emptying trash, etc)
• Day to Day Administrative Work (Scanning, printing charts, labels, etc)
• Excellent customer service, communication skills and general etiquette.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Organized with very close attention to detail.
• Computer proficiency.
• Proficient with medical terminology.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of an accredited medical assistance program with the ability to sit for the national Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam. Qualified years of experience in lieu of certification may be considered in some cases however you must know how to take an EKG, draw blood, etc.
• Two years experience in a physician medical practice preferred, but not required. Plastic surgery or operating room experience is preferred. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers