compensation: To be decided based on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Seeking Part-time Experienced Licensed Massage Therapist to Join Alternative Medicine Practice
Herb + Ōhm is rooted in the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine, adapted to the needs of modern Chicagoans. Our practice nurtures the mind, body, and spirit through Acupuncture + Chinese Herbal Medicine, while recognizing the value and offerings of Western medicine. Our practice involves ongoing mentoring, a collaborative work environment, and helping people while gaining valuable clinical experience in pain, stress related disorders, and women’s health/fertility.
This person must be:
• Licensed massage therapist in IL with good standing
• Covered via individual malpractice insurance coverage
• Highly experienced in the areas of Therapeutic/Deep Tissue/Medicinal massage, Swedish massage, Pregnancy massage (familiar with it), Myofacial Release (familiar with it). Foot reflexology, Cranial Sacral, Tui Na and Lymphatic drainage is also desired, but not required. If you do any of these please mention in your cover letter.
• Interested in working in a medical environment and treating medical conditions versus solely performing Swedish massage
• Extremely knowledgeable of the human body, anatomy and physiology in order to work collaboratively with alternative medical providers to help treat patient conditions
• Able to do an adequate health intake to ascertain someone's health issue and create a plan of action to treat it using massage techniques
• Able to focus massage on certain painful areas (vs wholel body) requested by patients or directed by medical practitioners
• Entrepreneurial and value cross referring/collaborating with other like-minded practitioners
• Independent yet also a team player and participate in Herb + Ōhm marketing activities and social events.
• Actively market themselves regularly and work with clinic build a patient base or bring patients to the practice.
• Passionate about what they do and are enthusiastic about sharing new ideas that can lead to practice expansion or the improvement of quality of care
• Ready to offer their unique personality and skill set to help those who want extra special care and attention
• Engaged in regular continuing education to further their knowledge base and skill set to become an expert/the best in their field
• Equipt to do up to 6 1 hour massages per day, be available during their shift even if they have 1 massage per day should there be same day walk ins
• Strong enough to apply adequate pressure for therapeutic massage purposes
Hours will be about 12-18 per week likely either on Monday, Thursday or Friday afternoons/evenings.
The Herb + Ōhm brand is about providing not only the best quality of care (finding ways to differentiate ourselves and provide more value), but it will be about the overall patient experience. We strive to create a positive environment where a modern Chicagoan can go to get some R&R, feel a sense of peace and calm and know that they will leave feeling better and more balanced than before. To get a better sense of what makes Herb + Ōhm unique and the overall brand, please visit herbandohm.com.
If you think you may be a good fit for this position, please send your resume and cover letter. Please let me know why you think you’d be a good fit, what you are looking for out of the opportunity (short and long term goals), and anything else you think may be relevant for me to know. I look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers