Well-respected and established downtown Chicago Law Firm is looking for an experienced litigation paralegal with docketing and family law experience. Strong verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills a must. Successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to assigned attorneys and will back up other paralegals, as needed. Must be a self-starter who is extremely responsible, highly motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment, possess a great work attitude and be a team player. This is a highly responsible and rewarding full-time position.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Preparing and drafting motions, court filings, pleadings, discovery, judgments, statements, documents and other correspondence
• Maintaining attorney calendars and case files
• Performing legal research for attorneys using periodicals, law library, public records, etc.
• Paralegal certificate required
• Previous experience as a paralegal or legal secretary preferred
• Experience with family law and divorce proceedings preferred
• Familiarity with pleadings and motions
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Deadline and detail-oriented
We offer excellent compensation and benefits.
Please submit resume in confidence.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers