QR Code Link to This Post
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
- Oversee employees to ensure that safe and efficient work techniques are being utilized to minimize potential injuries and hazardous conditions.
- Conduct safety meetings and inspections in a timely manner.
- Survey equipment and racking for proper maintenance, repair or renewal as required.
- Ensure that employees wear the appropriate safety attire and protective equipment at all times including seat belts.
Supervision & Leadership
- Executing deliveries in an effective and efficient manner by coordinating with the Shipping Clerks and manning levels such as materials handlers and fork lift Deliveries must be communicated with the staffing levels so they have ample time to pull, prepare and stage the materials for shipment. The focus is on-time shipments.
- Lead the hourly crew to ensure that all material for customer orders are picked and labeled Also, responsible for ensuring that all shipments are checked for any packaging problems and that these are corrected before shipping.
- Supervises the receiving and location of material into the rack system to ensure accurate inventory records and efficient retrieval.
- Coordinate and communicate departmental needs with other shifts and departments.
- Comply with standard human resource practices, facility work rules and the collective bargaining agreement to foster positive employee morale, enhanced productivity and a fair and equitable work environment.
- Trains and assists workers in shipping and receiving Provides input on employee performance issues.
- Ensure that the inventory management system is used fully with full use of scanners by anyone moving material in the warehouse for any reason.
- Conduct periodic cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Determines shipping priorities and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Consults with management to clarify department priorities, identify problems, and suggest changes for improvement.
- Creating deliveries for all outbound shipments to customer locations or other internal Sun Chemical shipping sites.
- Coordinate and contact the carriers so the shipment schedule of deliveries are picked up and loaded on a timely basis.
- Verifies accuracy of shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other Ensure paperwork is completed accurately and timely for all domestic and export shipments by working with the Shipping Clerks.
- Keep records on incoming and outgoing Monitor incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Manages all inbound receiving, which include the handling, sorting and delivery of incoming freight to the designated department or storage area.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving area to storage and/or work areas.
- Manages and maintains shipping and packaging supplies.
- Make sure the outbound shipping checklist is used so that we ship material to the Customer in the best condition as possible as well as following the correct shipping rules for that order.
- Conduct outbound shipping audits on a daily basis to confirm that the shipments are prepared and executed to in the right manner - shipping rules compliance, pick list instructions are met, shipments are prepared correctly and shipping issues are minimized.
- Ensure that all quality protocols and procedures are followed.
- Communicates with Traffic, Scheduling, Production, and Sales Order to address and solve problems with packaging cleanliness, weight discrepancies, labeling issues and any other problem that affects the smooth flow of materials though our system.
- Lead by example to ensure that employees maintain acceptable levels of housekeeping at all times with regard to equipment and their assigned work area and/or department.
- Ensure that raw material areas are kept neat and orderly.
- Prepares required department records and reports.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of Shipping & Receiving experience.
- Experience with freight carriers and shipping requirements (FedEx, LTL, Messenger).
- Experience in dealing with safety, environmental and regulatory matters.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to lead and motivate others.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College coursework or degree.
- Experience with ISO and Six Sigma Methodology/Techniques.
- Computer proficiency in SAP and SAP Warehouse Management (WM) experience.
- Union experience.
POSITION TYPE AND HOURS:
- Exempt, Straight Overtime
- 2nd Shift (3PM-11:30PM) or a 3rd Shift (11PM-7:30AM)- TBD
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.