compensation: $50K-$70K commensurate with experience and qualifications. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts as the Puerto Rican Arts Alliance continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the Puerto Rican Arts Alliance's fundraising, including: membership, annual fund, major gifts program, grants/institutional giving, sponsorships, planned giving, special events and any future capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
• Must embrace the mission of Puerto Rican Arts Alliance: " The Puerto Rican Arts Alliance (PRAA) is dedicated to preserving Puerto Rican culture by maintaining our traditions, promoting our arts, providing educational opportunities in arts and cultivating pride in our heritage for future generations."
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gifts fundraising.
• Ability to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
• Self-starter and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Organized, with demonstrated follow-through on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising. Master degree preferred.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
2. Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors.
3. Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
4. Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
5. Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
6. Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
7. Coordinate fundraising special events, including the organization's National Cuatro Festival.
8. Coordinate the organization's Latin Music Project strategic planning process.
9. Oversee prospect research.
10. Work closely with Program Staff, Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
11. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Puerto Rican Arts Alliance with the community.
12. Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
13. Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
14. Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising efforts related to the organization's earned income goals.
15. Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities and establish a monthly communication calendar, which includes print and social media.
16. Create and maintain gift recognition programs.
17. Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
18. Perform other related duties as requested.
1. Must be able to plan, prioritize, organize and execute multiple initiatives simultaneously and independently.
2. Employee must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, carry, lift, push or pull up to 35 pounds.
3. Flexible hours are required for this position.
4. Travel within the U.S. with advance notice may be required.
5. Access to car is required.
$50,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail resume, cover letter and writing sample(s) to Carlos Hernandez at the Puerto Rican Arts Alliance: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRAA does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers