compensation: Competitive nonprofit salary based on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Title: Remote Member Services Representative *Bilingual
*Inbound Contact Center (Archer Heights Area, on the CTA blue line)
Self-Help Federal Credit Union (SHFCU) is currently undergoing dynamic growth in its retail credit union operations in California and more recently in Illinois. Self-Help Federal Credit Union is seeking a Remote Member Services Representative to work with our Remote Member Services team in our Archer Heights branch under the direction of the Remote Member Services Manager. If you are a person who has a passion for delivering personal, exceptional service to our members, we invite you to apply. Successful candidates must have an outgoing and personable manner offering our members a comfortable, professional, and efficient experience when resolving inquiries, in transactions and when offering advice on best products and services to meet each member's needs.
Our Remote Member Services Representatives knowledgeably and confidently work with our members through various channels of communication, including telephone, internet, faxes, and mail. The ideal candidate must have prior banking and/or call center experience, strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and be bilingual (Spanish speaking).
· Maintain expert knowledge of all Credit Union products and services
· Serve membership by providing service and information in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner via telephone or correspondence, including e-mail.
· Process orders, forms and applications relating to member request
· Continuously check member services voice mail and reply to these calls accordingly
· Successfully address member interest in all Credit Union product and service areas
· Handle difficult, emotional or problematic member situations and respond to member needs effectively and appropriately
· Identify and escalate priority issues
· Research member inquiries and ensure proper follow up and satisfaction. Research required information using available credit union resources
· Participate in the achievement of team goals (e.g. percentage of queued calls answered, abandoned calls, wait time and time spent with member)
· Cross-sell credit union products and services when appropriate
· Operate as MSR/teller back-up as needed, including occasional travel to other Branches
· Track and meet identified call statistics. Submit call logs and status reports as requested
· Other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned
· FLUENCY IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH
· Strong commitment to our mission - creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
· Strong understanding of cultural competency
· Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration
· 1-2 years financial institution, retail, fast food or related. High School or equivalent experience
· Six months or more experience in a call center environment or equivalent experience
· Proficient in relevant computer applications
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Knowledge of call center telephony and technology
· Good data entry/keyboard skills - must type a minimum of 50 wpm. A typing test will be administered at the interview.
About Self-Help Federal:
Self-Help Federal Credit Union was chartered in 2008 to build a network of branches that serve working families and underserved communities. With 17 branches in California, 9 branches in Illinois, 2 branches in Florida, and 1 branch in Wisconsin, over $1 billion in assets, and serving more than 79,000 members, Self-Help Federal is one of the fastest-growing low-income designated credit unions in the country. It is part of the national Self-Help family of non-profit organizations whose collective mission is to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity for all. For 38 years, the Center for Community Self-Help and its affiliates have provided $7.9 billion in financing to help over 149,000 low-wealth borrowers buy homes, start and build businesses, and strengthen community resources. For more information, go to www.self-helpfcu.org and www.self-help.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion, disability that can be accommodated, marital status (including domestic partner status), ancestry, nationality, national origin, religion (and lack thereof), family status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), other medical condition and/or disability: physical or mental, AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, sexual identity, gender identification (including transgender status), sexual orientation, political activities or affiliations, and veteran status.
Competitive salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, paid parental leave, and domestic partners policy.
Please apply to our Human Resources Department:
Interested individuals please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference this job, "RMS Rep, Archer Heights " in the subject line of your message.
The Self-Help Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers