Greenheart Exchange, a non-profit student exchange organization, is seeking a workshop coordinator/activity leader for a unique program involving Chinese University students, taking place August 2 - August 18. The students are here to improve their English and study American institutions on a program called Social Research in America (SRA). They will be staying with US host families and participating in workshops and activities, which the coordinator will lead. More information is below:
Program Dates: August 2 - August 18, 2018
Group Size: 11 students, plus 1 group leader
Age of Students: 19 - 24 (group leader is 35)
Program Topics: Family Structure/Daily Life, Public Safety, Education, Health Care, and Public Service/Volunteering
Location: Workshops to be held at 5151 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago IL. Afternoon activities throughout Chicago and
Responsibilities of the Workshop/Activity Coordinator
• Planning and implementing all workshops related to SRA (Social Research in America) topics, including creating and/or modifying provided PowerPoints, leading group discussion and research into these topics, assisting participants with English language skills, and assisting participants in creating presentations to be delivered at conclusion of program.
• Communicating with Greenheart Program Manager and Local Coordinator prior to group arrival and throughout program to discuss general program logistics
• Sharing updated PowerPoints and any materials that will be provided to participants to Program Manager no later than July 26th, 2018.
• Attending and helping local coordinator to arrange all afternoon activities including facility visits (hospital, company tours, University visits), volunteer project, and full day excursions, as indicated on preliminary program calendar
• Bringing group to activities utilizing CTA and/or driving a van if/when needed and assisting them getting back to program meeting point and/or host family home at end of the day. (If van is needed Local Coordinator would cover the rental costs, and participants will be provided with transportation passes for any transportation utilized that way.)
• Attending and assisting local coordinator with host family orientation (to be held approximately one week before group arrival) and welcome party
• Providing participant orientation combined with first workshop day
• In case medical attention is needed for a student, helping ensure a student is taken to a medical facility.
Compensation: $2000, paid at conclusion of program
• B.A degree
• Experience having taught and/or worked with University students
• 3 or more years of professional experience
• Experience with China and/or Chinese students is a plus, though not essential
Please note that this is a contract position, not an opportunity for full time work.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers