Position Title: DevOps Engineer
QR Code Link to This Post
Department: Information Technology
Seeking a smart and driven individual to work closely with our software and hardware development teams to manage and improve our core trading systems and processes. This individual will be will be responsible for monitoring the real-time operation of our systems, responding to outages, developing tools to manage an ever-increasing range of systems, and working closely with software and hardware engineers to identify issues and build better systems.
• Use existing monitoring tools to monitor systems for problems and performance, and to have primary responsibility to answer questions and handle outages
• Work with developers to deploy new servers and applications, reconfigure existing systems, and track changes made to the system
• Work with the IT group to procure, test, and configure production and test hardware, track changes, and plan for future system needs
• Work to automate existing procedures and work with developers to analyze and improve systems to address support problems and increase system transparency
• Help test systems where needed
• Experience working in the trading industry, including a working knowledge of exchange protocols and order lifecycles
• Proficiency in Linux systems administration and knowledgeable of current best practices in areas such as monitoring and deployment
• Fluent with scripting languages, minimally bash shell and Python
• Proficiency with SQL, and able to analyze data from multiple sources to identify issues or highlight trends in system performance
• Knowledgeable about networking at the Linux OS level
• Able to work collaboratively with others across a variety of projects
• Work effectively in time-sensitive situations, and prioritize issues on the fly by importance
• A strong desire to continue learning about all areas of the system - hardware, software and business logic
• A willingness to improve our systems and raise our standards to the best in the industry
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please apply directly: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WOLVE&cws=37&rid=273