compensation: Up to $45,000 depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
RESUME OR LINKEDIN PROFILE REQUIRED TO APPLY
~~About Everywhere Wireless~~
Everywhere Wireless is Chicago's fastest growing Internet Service Provider (ISP) changing the way internet is being delivered. The company competes with Comcast and AT&T to provide internet access to business and residential customers throughout Chicago and its first ring suburbs. Using the most advanced microwave and fiber-optic technology, EW has disrupted the status quo in the ISP space by providing customers with a superior Internet experience, all-the-way-around. Just see our 5-star Google and Yelp! Ratings.
The successful Network Operations Technician performs surveillance, triage, and repair of the Everywhere Wireless metro-area wireless network and datacenter infrastructure as part of a 24/7 Network Operations team. Network Operations Technicians work alongside colleagues in network engineering, network infrastructure and customer support to ensure seamless network performance and customer experience.
~~Essential Duties and Responsibilities:~~
• Monitor, maintain, configure and troubleshoot fixed wireless backbone
• Monitor, maintain, configure, and troubleshoot switching, routing and associated network equipment.
• Perform fault analysis, isolation and remediation in switching, digital, optical, and other technologies.
• Interface with customers, engineers, vendors and technicians to resolve trouble reports.
• Provide technical assistance for service partners and field technicians during service impacting network events.
• Preventative maintenance management i.e. Software/firmware upgrades, maintenance procedures, and recovery tactics.
• Operate in a 24 X 7 Network Operations Center; this includes shift work, 2nd and 3rd shift hours, and weekends
• Participate in an on-call rotation.
• Perform maintenance level activities such as configuration changes, reloads, card insertion and removal, hardware upgrades on various network platforms: Mikrotik, Siae, IgniteNet, Ubiquiti, CloudTrax, Ruckus, Meraki.
• College degree and/or 2+ years equivalent related Fixed Wireless, Network Operations, or equivalent technical experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills in a Windows PC/Server LAN environment.
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP routing and protocols (BGP, OSPF, subnetting).
• Strong knowledge of Layer2 network protocols (STP, VLANs, Ethernet, LACP).
• Strong knowledge of various network troubleshooting tools such as, but not limited to: ping, traceroute, telnet, ssh, dig, SNMP, etc.
• Must be able to sit / stand for long period of time and perform other physical demands in the position including but not limited to lifting 30 pounds.
• Experience with programming and/or scripting in a network environment is preferred.
• Experience with Linux (esp. Fedora/RedHat/CentOS) is preferred.
• Salary: up to $45,000 depending on experience and skillset
• Health and Dental benefits; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; more great perks
• The opportunity to work, learn, and “wear many hats” in a dynamic and friendly small-office environment
Everywhere Wireless is an ideal place to work. If you have a strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a common-sensed approach to business, you will fit right in with the company culture. EW values initiative and rewards employees that consistently exceed goals, objectives and expectations. EW is headquartered in the West Loop technology hub alongside Google, Echo, Belly, Jump Trading, Lightbank and many other fast growing technology companies. The office is within easy walking distance to the CTA, Michelin-rated restaurants, entertainment venues and the Fulton Market District. The company is heavily involved with the Chicago community and its respective neighborhoods, with participation ranging from charity events, to non-profit volunteer work, to supplying many of Chicago's beaches and parks with free Wi-Fi through its partnership with the City of Chicago.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers