To not waste anyone's time I thought I'd start with qualifying questions. Not being strong in one or 2 by no means will disqualify a person, but the questions themselves I believe will give you an idea on what we are looking for/if you would be a good fit.
• How many Office 365 / hosted Exchange migration projects have you architected & implemented in the last 2 years?
• What migration tools did you use for each exchange online project?
• How many users / mailboxes for each Office 365 / Exchange online project?
• How many Azure projects have you architected & implemented in the last 2 years?
• Give a summary one larger project you worked on, including what phases were you involved in & overview of your role and responsibilities
• Self-rating on Azure experience (Azure AD, AD FS, AD Connect, etc.) - (rate 1 thru 10)
• Self-rating on general AD experience - (rate 1 thru 10)
• Self-rating on on-premises exchange to hosted exchange experience - (rate 1 thru 10)
We are a growing technology firm offering a wide variety of services to a diverse clientele base. Our clients depend on us to be their "go-to" team when they're in a technology jam or planning their IT strategy. We are a Microsoft partner and help the medium to large market (300-1000 users) move to the cloud (O365/Azure suite).
This is a major role within our organization, so if you want to get on the ground floor of a rising ship, join us! Why do we say that? Well, our founders founded their last IT company back in '99 and after 10 years grew it to over 120 people before selling it, and have now decided to do it again with a focus on the new market trend of cloud. The last year alone we have grown 35%!
To meet this ever-growing need, we're looking for an experienced Senior Engineer & Solutions Architect. The primary role of this person will be to grow our mid-market technology services practice. The Technical Architect is primarily responsible for implementation of public, private, and hybrid cloud technologies. Typical responsibilities for this position include design and implementation of Office 365, Exchange Online, Azure and EMS.
If you want an environment that a person with ambition can thrive, then that is us; because the best idea wins, no matter who gives it. If you're committed to hard work, value integrity, eager to support others in a common vision and want to have a great time doing it, then this is the place for you.
Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assess, architect, design, implement and troubleshoot complex enterprise solutions around Microsoft public, private, and hybrid clouds.
• Polished communicator adept at producing advanced-client-ready presentations such as proposals, assessments, roadmaps, and design documents.
• Serve as cloud platform subject matter expert
• Identify new opportunities and independently lead presales activities
• Aptitude to quickly understand clients' businesses and build credibility quickly
• Gather business requirements and define of technical tasks
• Lead small to medium sized project teams to deliver key initiatives and be the technical point person.
• Maintain and improve competencies across key technology areas
• Participate and support account planning, sales strategy and sales focused meetings
• Can independently manage large strategic accounts and projects without assistance
• Responsible for the management and revenue growth of assigned accounts
• Can independently run and operate a technical solution offering, service delivery line or large book of business
Competencies, Qualifications & Certifications:
• Advanced understanding and working knowledge related to: Office 365, Exchange Online, EM+S, other advanced O365 features | private, public and hybrid datacenters| Azure AD, ADConnect, ADFS, ARM/ASM, ASR, vnets, Azure gateways & appliances | Automation/DevOps concepts, scripting and tools| Azure resource and workload requirements | Understanding of process to develop Azure/AWS migration & operating costs | Microsoft server operating systems | Active Directory, DNS, DFS, DHCP, Group Policy| Exchange 2007/2010/2013 & experience with native and third party migration tools | PowerShell command line and scripting language/techniques
• General working knowledge related to: Networking and security infrastructure | Web, spam and anti-virus filtering | Database infrastructure | PBX, VoIP, and unified communications| Enterprise client deployment and management | Remote access solutions | Compliance | UNIX/Linux | SAN / NAS storage devices Hyper-V, VMware, XenServer | Microsoft System Center suite | Backup & disaster recovery
• MCSE and MCSA certifications plus but not required
• CCNA and VCP a plus but not a requirement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers