compensation: $21 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Head Swim Team Coach and the Aquatics Director, the position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of the program including recruiting, coaching on deck and at meets, and administrative duties. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the team, coaching; attending swim meets and provide support for the vision and strategies of the head coach. The assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the swimmers.
Lakeshore Stingrays is a year-round USA Swimming competitive swim team. Comprising of approximately 120 swimmers, spread over 5 groups ranging in ages from 6-17 years old. We are looking for a coach who is passionate about swimming and wants to be a part of a fast-growing program, with the ability to commit long term.
CATEGORY: Aquatics/Swim Team
Hourly Wage: Starting at $21 per hour
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: 30+ hours a week guaranteed (combination of private lessons and on-deck practices). Opportunity to increase total hours over time. Benefits available upon reaching minimum weekly hour requirements.
• Ability to work, coach, and instruct multiple swim team practice groups 4:00-8:00 pm Monday-Friday and 9:00-1:00 pm on Saturday. As well as USA meets on weekends. Additional availability required outside of swim team hours. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule to mornings and evenings.
• Ability to coach swimmers through verbal as well as visual instruction.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with the coaching staff and with a diverse range of swimmers.
• Follow the team’s structure, policies and curriculum.
• Strong customer service and decision-making skills. This includes weekly communication to parents & affiliates.
• Knowledge and management of Team Unify and Team Manager are key.
• Must be energetic, have an ability to problem solve, as well as long term program vision.
• Work alongside swim instructors to help develop their teaching skills for feed programs to the team.
• Ability to get in the water with swimmers and instructors.
• Enforce all aquatics facility policies, rules, and regulations.
• Provide for the health and safety of participants, by ensuring that all teaching and practice areas are free of hazards, and that materials and equipment is safe
• Record and maintain attendance records, swimmer contact information, and USA swimming certifications.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Conducting try outs.
• Complete additional duties as assigned by Head Coach or Aquatics Director.
• USA Swimming Coach Certification or the ability to obtain within 60 days of employment.
• 1+ years of experience teaching private or semi-private in water lessons.
• 2+ years of previous coaching experience with a competitive swim team required
• Competed personally through high school years on either a USA Swimming Club or high school program.
• CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
• Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional, and physical attributes.
• Have an attitude of embracing the existing program and striving to improve that.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers