compensation: $20 per hour PLUS MILEAGE employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
THIS A 3 MONTH LONG CONTRACT WITH OPPORTUNITY FOR EXTENSION. MUST HAVE OWN VEHICLE AND VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE TO QUALIFY. ENGINEER MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE TO SITES. THIS IS FOR A DESKTOP DEPLOYMENT EFFORT.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AT LEAST 40 HRS PER WORK...NO EXCEPTIONS AND PASS TSA BACKGROUND CHECK (NO CRIMINAL RECORDS)
The successful candidate/s will be responsible for providing end-user support and maintenance within the organizations desktop computing environment both in person and/or via remote control access.
· Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance in client environment.
· Performing on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex infrastructure and workstation related issues for end-users.
· Able to recommend and implement corrective solutions to ensure quick and accurate service delivery.
· Able to install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, related hardware, and software to meet and deliver required desktop service levels.
· Collaborating with internal and external technicians to ensure efficient operation of the client’s workstation and server environment.
· Administer and resolve issues with commercial off the shelf applications.
· Taking calls when necessary to ensure our customers have the quickest and best possible service.
· Installing and maintaining local and network printers.
· Building PC Images and installing new PC's as assigned.
· PCs are ordered, then installed and configured from a department image as well as loading application software and configuring as needed.
· Configuring user PC's to access server based business applications.
· Configuring PCs to access enterprise or departmental financial systems and assists with training on the use of the systems.
· Providing end-users with training and instructions on the use of PC’s and related equipment.
· Diagnosing, correcting and documenting requests for Desktop support.
· Correcting end user problems and documenting the effort to complete tasks. Monthly performance measures ensure that the level of service is maintained and that customer satisfaction remains high.
· Providing limited PC repair services on malfunctioning equipment. Diagnosing and correcting PC related equipment problems and that require minor corrections. Problems such as replacing defective drives, reloading drivers and swapping equipment.
· Instructing on the effective use of PCs and productivity improvements.
· Maintaining Blackberry handheld devices.
· 3 years minimum experience in a technology position with a broad knowledge of network, desktop, laptop, hardware and software configuration, and troubleshooting.
· 2 years minimum experience with Microsoft Active Directory environment/infrastructure .
· 1 year experience with Microsoft Active Directory user account administration.
· 2 years experience with Windows XP and Windows 2000 operating systems.
· Experience with MS Office Application to include MS Outlook (versions XP- O365).
· Excellent troubleshooting skills required.
· Ability to diagnose and correct program and system failures/malfunctions efficiently and accurately.
· Excellent Customer Service and communication skills along with a professional appearance.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written—a must for the documentation and ticketing process.
· Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
· Must be able to work independently at times as well as part of a larger team.
· Must be able to take direction well.
· Must be able to pass a TSA background check.
· Must have the use of an auto at times for realizing tasks.
· CompTIA A+ certification
· Network + certification
· A Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Certification
o Installing , Configuring, and Administering Windows XP Professional
o Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Windows XP OS
o Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Windows XP OS
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers