Part-Time Studio Manager & Producer for Photo Studio (River West) 3 Days a week actively 9-5 determined by shoot schedules.
Specific Days TBD between Mon-Fri
Chicago-based Commercial Photography studio has an opening for the Studio Manager / In-House Producer position. This is remote however we are looking for someone close to Chicago who is able to visit the studio when needed.
General Summary: This position focuses on account management, production and studio management. Budgeting reports, account management and reconciliation is a large part of this position so we are looking for someone who is comfortable running numbers. Familiarity with QuickBooks is helpful although not required (pretty easy to learn). The successful applicant will need to demonstrate an exceptionally high level of competency, as they will be an integral part of the day-to-day operations and will work very closely with the photographer and first assistant; as well as clients and freelancers. The Studio Manager will ensure the studio and all photo shoots run smoothly, are cost efficient and the details are professionally managed.
This is a part-time position with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position. We are looking for someone who is interested in working with the studio long-term.
• Maintaining all aspects of Accounts Receivable and Payable
• Assemble schedules & timelines for all photo shoots with detailed production books
• Coordinating castings, location scouts, catering & craft services as needed
• Commissioning crew: Talent, H&M, Stylists, Assistants, Location Scouts etc to work on projects
• Maintains high level of communication with all participants to strengthen client/studio relationships
• Manage and liaison with clients to ensure all details are carefully executed throughout all stages of a photo shoot
• Works with Digitech/1st Assistant to ensure metadata protocols, client requests for back ups and archiving needs are met & delivered in a timely basis.
• Booking of all travel arrangements both domestic & international
• Maintains busy color coded schedule
• Budget control and ownership
• Answering Office Phone and Email
• Writing Blog Entries/Marketing
• Basic Administrative duties
• Email marketing and promo
Desired Skills and Experience Position Requirements:
• Business skills with an interest in photo production
• A good attitude
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional management team
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong verbal and written business communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Quickbooks
• Strong familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite - Indesign
• Ability to learn new technology
• Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Access to a personal vehicle preferred
• Successful project management experience
• Responsible, organized, self-starter, proactive, and accurate
• Resourceful, efficient, productive problem solver
• Operates professionally with ability to navigate appropriate protocols
• Strong interpersonal skills, organization and communication skills are essential.
If interested, please send an email with a letter of intent and resume to email@example.com. No calls please, but don't hesitate to reach out via e-mail with any questions.
About Jeff Sciortino Photography INC.
JEFF SCIORTINO LIVES TO MAKE GREAT PHOTOS. Whether it's President Barack Obama, Britney Spears or a mother with her child, finding that shot that expresses their essence is what Jeff does best. It's his passion, and for more than 10 years, he's done it for leaders like Abbott Laboratories and Zomba Records, Rolling Stone Magazine and Sony. He's shot all over the world, capturing moments of life, photographing celebrities and athletes, executives and business people, and everyday, average folks.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers