norVOLution is the volunteer program serving Norwood Life Society, a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the independence and well-being of older adults. Building on 123 years of service to seniors, norVOLution's commitment is to serve not only the seniors of our community but to enhance the lives of our volunteers, particularly mature adults, and be of service to the broader community. We are proud to have over 500 individuals serving throughout the year.
If you're looking for a way to give back, make new friends, or to get out of the house, go to www.norvolution.org and take a peek at all the different things you can do. Don’t wait any longer - you can make a big difference in the lives of the seniors we serve.
Here’s a list of just some of the nice things to do with and for our seniors:
• Help with activities like Trivia, Bowling, Bingo, Pokeno & Gutsy Dice. These are really popular with our residents. Come help them play and have fun. You’ll have fun too!
• Do you love Trivia? Our residents love trivia. We have a “Think About It” program every Saturday at 10 am. We’d love a volunteer facilitator.
• Do you have a hobby, skill or passion you want to share? Help bring the outside world to our seniors. You’ll love the smiles you bring to our residents! Travelogues, History, Movies, Art, Music are just a few ideas.
• Do you play piano? We are in great need of weekly piano concerts.
We'll make it so easy for you to give back. Our residents and those we serve love our volunteers!
Impact: Enriching the lives of our residents: Our residents are most appreciative of volunteers who help in this capacity and it is a nice time to socialize and spend time with them. Many volunteers and residents form friendships which enhance the lives of both.
Benefits of your commitment:
• Work with an energetic and friendly group of people who are Reshaping Aging
• Develop friendships with residents and other volunteers
• 25% off eligible merchandise in the Norwood Life Society Thrift Shop
• On the day you volunteer you may have a free lunch in the employee lounge
Qualifications: Must be passionate about volunteering, friendly and considerate.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers