A Scientific Research Study of Women who have Overcome a Drug Use Problem without Treatment
Affiliated with the Brown School of Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis
If you are a women who has successfully overcome a drug use problem and did so without treatment, we want to hear how you did it. The purpose of this study is to learn more about the resources women utilize to assist them in overcoming their drug use problems without treatment, in an effort to help other women who may be struggling with similar problems.
All interviews will be kept confidential.
You may be eligible to participate if you:
• Are a women
• Are at least 18 years old
• Live in the Chicagoland area (Cook County)
• Have overcome a drug use problem without seeking treatment
What will you be asked to do?
• Meet in-person for an interview lasting at most 2 hours (date, time and location of this interview will be determined during the initial phone call to determine eligibility)
• Discuss your experiences before, during and after your drug use problem and how you overcame it
• You will receive $25 for your participation in this study