Spanish class is one of our popular activities at Norwood Crossing, a nonprofit 501c3 senior residential community located on the far northwest side of Chicago. Among many other activities, residents enjoy learning a new language. Their main goal is to acquire simple words and phrases that they use on a daily basis - such as greetings and introductions, foods, clothing, etc. We like to keep it interactive and fun for the residents. If you are creative and flexible we would love to meet you!
A once a week - one hour commitment is all we ask for. There is a computer that volunteers can use for research and preparing reading material for the participants.
Benefits of your commitment:
• You will make a difference in the lives of our senior residents
• Have fun and make friends with residents, staff, & volunteers
• Have a free lunch in the employee lunchroom
• 25% off eligible merchandise in the Norwood Life Society Thrift Shop
• Work collaboratively with the director of volunteer services create a simple lessons for each week.
• Able to safely transport residents in their wheelchairs (training provided) to and from the class.
• Computer skills are desired but not required (training provided).
• Able to commit to being here on time every week
• Must support the goal of norVOLution and Norwood Life Society to enrich the lives of members of our community including the seniors we serve, our volunteers, the staff, and the community at large.
norVOLution is the volunteer program serving Norwood Life Society, a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the independence and well-being of older adults. Building on 117 years of service to seniors, norVOLution's commitment is to serve not only the seniors of our community but to enhance the lives of our volunteers.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the links to the online application found on our website below.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers