Internet marketing company is looking for experienced part time Digital Content and Copy Editor for a wide variety of websites.
Work from home. 12 hours per week to start.
Editors must be able to “switch hats” frequently and edit both e-commerce style copy as well as long form articles of 500-1000 words for SEO.
WordPress experience strongly preferred.
We cater to a highly diverse clientele including:
• Attorneys: personal injury, mass torts, legal referral services, claims administration
• Doctors: plastic surgeons, cosmetic dentists
• Health/Beauty/ Wellness: products, lifestyle blogs
• E-commerce & Retail Sales: clothing, medical supply, other goods
• Technical/ specialized services for local and national companies
• Real estate developers/ property managers
• Travel specialists/ vacation rentals
• Environmental specialists/ scientific testing
• And others. . .
• Editors must be able to adapt to the very specific needs of each client.
• Candidates should have at least 2-5+ years of online or related editorial work experience as well as basic SEO understanding and proficiency in WordPress.
• College graduate, preferably with BA/BS in English, Communications, Journalism, or similar concentration.
• Good understanding of HTML and/or online media.
• Strong writing, editing, research, communication, and time management skills.
• Excellent command of legal concepts, legalese, and laymen’s legal terms
• Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines effectively and multitask.
• Edit (proofread for grammar and spelling, organize, update, revise as needed) 500-1000 word articles.
• Edit short form e-commerce style copy and product descriptions.
• Post final copy on WordPress websites. WordPress experience required.
• Communicate feedback to writers and request revisions when needed.
• Manage high volume of work through our project management tool, Wrike.
• Must be able to capture nuance and varied tone of several different client websites
• Experience writing with keywords for SEO content required
• Experience with project management tools such as Wrike, Basecamp, etc. preferred but will train
Please submit a cover letter that includes a brief overview of your editing experience, experience with WordPress, as well as your resume and references.
MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE TO BE CONSIDERED: "Part Time Digital Copy Editor"
Provide 2 writing samples.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers