compensation: Competitive - Depends on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Hewn, a nationally recognized artisan bakery in Evanston, Illinois, is currently searching for a new Front Manager. We hope to begin training for this position in late June/early July 2018.
We are looking for someone who is committed to working effectively with a team, while providing outstanding customer service and excellent leadership for our front staff.
The Front Manager is responsible for the following:
1. Fulfill all responsibilities of front staff/barista
• Provide excellent customer service
• Monitor quality control of daily products
• Build a positive relationship with customers and respond to customers questions and concerns in a timely manner.
• Adhere to food handlers safety and ServSafe requirements. Attain ServSafe Manager certificate.
• Complete all FOH duties including register, packaging product, customer service, cleaning etc.
2. Manage all scheduling of front staff, drivers and packagers.
3. Train new front staff.
4. Handle and monitor all phone and email orders, including entering items in the production system and coordinating with the Head Bread Baker/Head Pastry Chef
5. Handle and monitor all catering orders, including entering items in the production system and coordinating with delivery drivers.
6. Order all retail and packaging items and front food and drink items, and manage inventory of those items on a weekly basis.
7. Coordinate all holiday orders, including Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Easter, Passover, Mother's Day, Father's Day, July 3rd, among others.
8. Monitor maintenance and cleanliness of the FOH and supervise and maintain upkeep of physical space.
9. Work with other Hewn Employees in a collaborative fashion and communicate with Owners and Head Baker/Pastry chef to resolve any issues on a daily basis.
10. Participate in weekly Leadership meetings and schedule/coordinate front staff meetings.
11. Work with Barista Manager regarding customer service, preparation and presentation of beverages and information, operational procedures and retail coffee sales and inventory.
12. Be "on-call" with the responsibility to respond to problems or fill-in when needed.
13. Attend community events/meetings as needed
14. Coordinate community donations and keep track of those donations for yearly review.
15. Supervise the drawer and daily cash input.
All applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs, and be on their feet for several hours. This person must have early morning and weekend availability (Wednesday through Sunday).
Hewn has been recognized in the New York Times, Chicago Magazine, the Chicago Tribune, Saveur magazine and many other local and national publications for our commitment to making naturally fermented artisan breads and pastries. We have a wonderful team of people who share our commitment to making the best possible products. We are a part of Evanston's burgeoning food and drink scene, and we appreciate being in a diverse community. We recently expanded our store, more than doubling our size. This is a great time to join a small but growing, independently owned business.
Please email your cover letter and resume for consideration. Pay is competitive for this position, depending on experience. Health care benefits are available for full time staff after 3 consecutive months of work.
For more information, visit our website at www.hewnbread.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers