compensation: Up to $28/hr depending on exp. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client, an automotive manufacturer located in the Skokie area, seeks an experienced electrical technician.
· Install electrical apparatus: sensors, switches, panels …
· Maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems
· Maintain acid batteries by adding distilled water
· Change batteries in alternator test stands as needed
· Up keep testing equipment: in line oilers, air regulators, and other manufacturing environment tools, equipment and infrastructure.
· Perform general electrical maintenance
· Replace heating elements in trickle machine
· Maintain hand lifts: batteries, damaged wires, hydraulic apparatus, mechanical components
· Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices
· Troubleshoot hard logic systems
· Read and prepare blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete projects
· Fix: soldering pots, soldering irons and power supplies
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to identify the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Proven experience as an Electrical Technician
· 5+ years experience preferred
Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
· Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
· Able to work well on a team
· Good knowledge of various test equipment: ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes
· Capable of lifting and carrying of 35 pounds without assistance
· Complying with all safety standards and regulations per the National Electrical Code
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers