favorite this postSummer Exchange Student Group Coordinator (Suburbs of Chicago)hide this posting
compensation: LC can expect to make approximately $2700, plus bonus potential and more if leading workshops employment type: contract non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Greenheart Exchange, a non-profit student exchange organization, is seeking candidates within two hours of Chicago to coordinate a unique Group Homestay program this summer. The coordinator will work a group of 12 Chinese University students coming to the United States with the goal of improving their English and studying American institutions as part of a program called Sociological Research in America (SRA). A primary responsibility of the coordinator is recruiting and interviewing up to 13 host families from within their local community to host the participants.
Details of the groups available are below:
Origin of Group: China
Dates: August 2 - August 18, 2018 (Host recruitment and initial planning of program to start immediately)
Size of group: 12 participants + 1 group leader
Age of Participants: 18 - 22
Responsibilities of the coordinator:
• Recruiting and interviewing volunteer host families within a concentrated area: Up to 13 families total required
• Organizing and leading recreational activities and full day excursions
• Identifying a classroom and meeting point location, accessible to all host families
• Arranging workshops and activities on weekdays to fulfill SRA program objectives, related to Family Structure/Daily Life, Public Safety, Education, Health Care, and Public Service/Volunteering. (Coordinator can lead workshops him/herself ,if qualified, or sub-contract workshop leader)
• Coordinating all transportation for participants to and from airport and to workshops and activities
• Providing ongoing support to students and host families
• Communicating all aspects of the program to the national office.
• Ensuring timely submission of host family applications, evaluations, and other relevant paperwork in accordance with
In order to recruit host families, coordinators must be willing and able to spend a considerable amount of time promoting the program to the local community before students arrive. Coordinators must feel comfortable approaching schools, churches, organizations, and individuals in order to identify suitable hosts.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, resourceful, connected to their community (have lived in the same community at least 3 years), able to manage a budget, and experienced in working with students from other countries. This can be a great experience for teachers with summers or other fixed periods of time off. Please note that this is a contract position, not an opportunity for full time work.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers