compensation: Ability to make $40,000 - $70,000 + a year! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A highly reputable bridal salon is opening a new location in Barrington, IL and is looking for an extremely skilled master seamstresses to run his/her own in-house alterations team within the store.
We ask that you are around during most of the normal business hours to assist with customers inquires on the selling floor as we are an off-the-rack store so alterations are pertinent in most cases to the sale. The gowns are highly detailed and you must be creative enough to sometimes modify the shape or add beadwork, change a shape etc. Preferred individuals with a fashion related certificate from a credible university. You will be working in a positive and challenging atmosphere, glamorous salon with top designer gowns. Excellent income!
We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for our brides to exceed their expectations and give them an unforgettable experience.
What to expect:
- A fast paced environment where deadlines need to be met no matter what.
- Brides who want certain customizations where creativity is needed
- We schedule to see a brides three times before their big day-- a consultation, first fitting, and final fitting.
- 2-3 seamstresses (part time and full time) to get all work done will be needed on your team. These positions will be for you to hire and build your team.
Candidates must have:
- a degree in Fashion Design from an accredited college/university
- 5+ years experience in sewing, preferably in bridal
- ability to communicate with brides during fittings and explain what alterations need to be done and why
- a passion and dedication to our brides and their gowns
- Can-do and positive attitude, especially during or busy months!
What we offer:
- fun and friendly work environment
- flexible hours
- competitive pay
- opportunity to be creative
Job Types: Full-time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers