At norVOLution, our mission is to provide meaningful volunteer experiences for all members of our community.
We are seeking a volunteer to support one of our weekly programs: Trivia on Fridays at 10:45 am. You will need to arrive about 30 minutes before to setup and bring a couple residents to the activity that are not able to come on their own.
Trivia questions should cover different subjects: history, movies, music, literature, sports, performers, etc. Presentation should also consist of a couple of clips of music, interviews, and movies as well as pictures.
Stimulating all senses helps exercise all cognitive skills.
Training will be provided. There is a computer if you need to create the presentation here or you can do so at home. We also have trivia books and games that can be used as resources.
- For the volunteer - you learn more about our history as well as those of the residents.
- For the residents - it boosts memory, reduces stress, improves cognitive function, and brings joy.
• Able to safely transport residents in their wheelchairs (training provided) to and from the class.
• Computer skills are desired but not required (training provided).
• Able to commit to being here on time every week.
• Must support the goal of norVOLution and Norwood Life Society to enrich the lives of members of our community including the seniors we serve, our volunteers, the staff, and the community at large.
norVOLution is the volunteer program serving Norwood Life Society, a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the independence and well-being of older adults. Building on 117 years of service to seniors, norVOLution's commitment is to serve not only the seniors of our community but to enhance the lives of our volunteers.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the links to the online application found on our website below.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers