compensation: Competitive Salary, DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Underwriting Operations Manager
Millennium Information Services emphasizes the quality of each report we deliver to our clients. Every inspection we receive is reviewed by a trained quality review specialist. We are currently seeking an Inspection Underwriting Operations Manager to oversee the staff and operations of the QA team.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Underwriting Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of quality assurance, general services and reporting for their assigned team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recruiting, training, managing, monitoring and reviewing of staff in the completion of insurance inspection review.
This role directs and oversees quality assurance policies, objectives and initiatives. The Underwriting Operations Manager will be responsible for evaluating current and proposed procedures, determining and implementing changes as necessary.
The Underwriting Operations Manager has multiple direct reports along with indirect reports.
Key areas of responsibility:
Reporting / Tracking:
• Regularly review processes & systems to ensure timely completion of reviews
• Serve as SME for disputed home characteristics
Staff / Management:
• Directly manage supervisors
• Hire, train, and develop staff
• Manage staff size and hours
• Accurately forecast staffing need
Billing / Pricing:
• Accurately complete monthly account billing
• Participate in account set-up and review
• 5+ years P&C industry experience
• 2+ years supervisory experience
• Attention to detail
• BS degree in business or related field
• Prior experience overseeing property underwriting operations unit highly preferred
• Knowledge of home types and features
• Advanced analytical skills
• Underwriting experience
In return we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package including, medical, dental, life and disability coverage, 401(k) plan with excellent company match, and competitive time-off benefits.