compensation: based on level of education employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
The Quality Assurance Intern is responsible for assisting the analytical chemist in performing analytical testing of incoming raw materials, in process samples, and finished products for Clarke's manufacturing department.
Prior experience studying or working in an analytical laboratory environment is strongly preferred.
Shift: Monday - Friday; variable, approximately 30 hours/week through peak production, reduced during the fall
Pay: depends on level of education
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform physical testing on finished products
• Use HPLC to assay products for active ingredient content
• Clean laboratory glassware
• Complete special projects as needed
• Document and communicate daily work activity
• Responsible for making sure safe work practices and procedures are followed at all time
Successful Candidate Must:
• To be considered, applicants must be currently enrolled and have achieved junior or◦Major area of study must be Chemistry
• Senior standing and/or have recently graduated from an accredited University or College
• In many cases this position may be used for internship credit
• Previous experience working or studying in a laboratory environment strongly preferred.
• Familiarity/proficiency with liquid chromatography and analytical balance required
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal forms
• Must be able to work through the end of 2015
• Must be available to work Monday- Friday, 8:00am until 5:00pm
• Candidate must be comfortable performing assigned duties of this job indoors in a lab, which is in an manufacturing environment
Clarke is a privately held public health, global environmental products and services company. For over 70 years, Clarke has been making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable. We do this by pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible public health mosquito control and aquatic services to help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and residential groups and international institutions such as UNICEF, and U.S. AID.
Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working together to create an environment where the employees thrive and nature flourishes.
We offer a team atmosphere where each individual can and does make a difference. So whether you are a science grad seeking resume experience, a student looking for an internship opportunity, or just looking for a great seasonal job consider spending the summer with Clarke!
Clarke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
For consideration, please submit an application by clicking the link below.