compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Freight Manager - Import/Drayage Specialist
We are a small but well established e-commerce company experiencing rapid growth and looking to expand our team. Our main business is RTA furniture sold on virtually every major website in the U.S.
If you have been looking for an opportunity to join an organization that offers a competitive wage, excellent benefits, a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to advance alongside the company, this is it. We strive to promote a fun and exciting working environment that is unique in todays world.
If you are an aggressive, detail oriented and self motivated person who is looking to enjoy your job while being part of an exciting and fast growing organization, we have a full time position we are looking to fill from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The current opening is in our Transportation department as an Import/Drayage specialist.
This positions responsibilities will include all facets of transportation including;
- Receiving ocean freight booking emails and entering them into our system
- Monitoring P.O. requested ship dates and bookings with freight forwarders
- Coordinating and monitoring the transit of containers with freight forwarders and drayage companies
- Assist in negotiating rates from local haulers/drayage companies
- Coordinate with multiple warehouses, the unloading and delivery/pick up of containers
- Supervision of receiving detail and the flow of appropriate paperwork to accounting
- Reviewing invoices to track and dispute charges pertaining to demerge, chassis, bobtail, etc.
- Managing ground transportation and LTL shipments
- Creating BOLs and Providing PODs when needed.
- Disputing freight claims and late charges associate with all forms of transportation and customers
The ideal candidate will possess;
- Previous experience with freight forwarding, drayage, ground delivery and LTL companies
- Familiarity with Microsoft office suites
- The ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines regularly.
- An attitude that is team oriented and friendly
- Commitment to reliability
What we offer in return;
*Competitive starting salary
- Paid lunch and breaks
- Paid medical insurance (BCBS)
- paid holidays
- paid personal days
- Generous 401K program
- Paid life insurance
*Fantastic working environment
*Genuine advancement opportunities
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers