Your personal statement and supplemental essays are the most important pieces of your application after your ACT/SAT and GPA. In some cases, they can make or break your candidacy. These essays are a way for you to differentiate yourself from your competition and demonstrate your genuine interest in a school. They showcase your personality, ambitions, and your ability to communicate logically and elegantly.
I can take your writing to the next level.
- UIUC bachelor's in philosophy
- Stevenson HS graduate
Standardized Test Scores
- 99th percentile Critical Reasoning and Analysis score on the June 2019 MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test)
- 92nd percentile Total Score on the June 2019 MCAT
- Perfect 36 English on the September 2011 ACT
- 33/36 Reading on the September 2011 ACT
- 33/36 Composite Score on September 2011 ACT
- 5/5 AP English Language and Composition on May 2011 exam
- 5/5 AP English Literature and Composition on May 2012 exam
- 10 months of tutoring experience
- Wrote around 116 supplemental responses for medical school applications
- Edited countless undergraduate and medical school application essays
- Designed and taught a summer origami course
- Edited two arts journals: The Wit (Stevenson HS), Transition States (Bryn Mawr College)
- UIUC Department of Philosophy Lois Shepherd Green Scholar: scholarship awarded intermittently to one or more promising undergraduates in philosophy. 3 co-recipients.
- National Council of Teachers of English Achievement Awards in Writing nominee: nominees are selected by teachers. Nominees exhibit the power to inform and move an audience through control of a wide range of the English language. 5 co-nominees from 1100+ students.
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Creative Writing Festival 2nd Place Essay
- Remote editing
Send me your essays and I will edit them for content, structure, and grammar. I will give you an estimate for how many hours of editing are required and I will guarantee those hours. For example, if I tell you it will take me two hours to edit two of your essays and we agree, I will charge you for two hours of editing regardless of whether they take me one hour or five.
Recommended for advanced writers who have a strong sense of direction and clear motivations for "Why X school?", "Why X major?", and "Why X career?" Only select this option if you are at the end stages of your writing.
- Online tutoring
We will video chat at least once per week for two hours to discuss and edit your essays. During our first meeting, we will discuss your background, your goals, the schools you are interested in, and incipient writing ideas. Major content revisions will be assigned for homework. However, the structure of each draft and revision will be thoroughly discussed in our meetings.
Recommended for students who need more guidance for writing but are limited by time or location.
- In-person tutoring
We will meet at the library at least once per week for two hours to discuss and edit your essays. During our first meeting, we will discuss your background, your goals, the schools you are interested in, and incipient writing ideas. Major content revisions will be assigned for homework. However, the structure of each draft and revision will be thoroughly discussed in our meetings. Please bring your laptop.
Recommended for students who want the most involved level of guidance to produce their best possible writing.
- In-person tutoring+
This service is the same as in-person tutoring but I will travel to the location of your choice (e.g. home, coffee shop, whatever is convenient for you, etc.).
I have worked and volunteered as a tutor and instructor but this is my first endeavor into private tutoring. As such, I am offering a free one-hour consultation and four hours of tutoring at only $25 per hour (regular in-person tutoring+ rate $75/hour). My first client will be guaranteed a $25/hour rate for all services until they submit their application.
Thank you for your interest. I hope to hear from you. Good luck on your applications.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers