JW Hicks is a northern Indiana based manufacturing company looking for a Production Welder in our Knox, IN, location. We offer rapid company growth and development, merit based compensation, a close-knit working environment, and a passion to produce the very best products on the market. The ideal candidate for JWHI is someone who is dependable, has a positive attitude, and shows the ability and willingness to learn.
*Post-offer pre-work drug testing and physical are required prior to starting work.*
JWHI is committed to a safe and drug free work place, maintains a "Zero Tolerance" stance, and conducts random drug testing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Weld and fabricate product as indicated on mechanical drawings.
• Operate cutting tools and grinders to prepare components.
• Operate forklifts, overhead crane and pallet movers to move materials and products.
• Maintain raw material and product identification to insure traceability.
• Maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
Production Welder Minimum Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED
• Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
• 2-5 years Mig welding experience
• Competence in interpreting mechanical drawings
• Understanding of proper use of hand and power tools
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment
• Ability to lift 100 pounds
• Familiarity with OSHA industrial standards
• Ability and willingness to learn
Production Welder Desired Skills:
• Familiarity with crane and forklift operations
• Familiarity with rigging and use of lifting devices
• CPR and First Aid training
• Basic computer literacy
• Statistical process control training
• Health, Life, Dental Insurance
• 401K with Match
• Profit Sharing
• Paid Vacation and Holiday Time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers