compensation: Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, and a full employee benefits package employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
James & Sons Fine Jewelers, a highly respected family owned retail jewelry business serving the greater Chicago area for over 50 years, is in the market for a high-performance Accounting Manager. Reporting to the Owners, this position is responsible for all Accounting functions and the administration of payroll and employee benefits programs.
Specific Key Responsibilities include:
• Timely and accurate monthly financial statements, including supporting exhibits, appropriate comparisons and analytical commentary.
• Logic-based annual budgets and ad hoc forecasts, as requested.
• Effective cash forecasting and management processes.
• Solid internal control, including an understanding of inventory control, employing Turns and GMROI metrics.
• Effective administration of payroll and employee benefits programs.
The successful candidate will clearly possess and display the following Characteristics:
• Strong results orientation and sense of urgency.
• Strong analytical ability, complex problem solving.
• Strong communication skills – oral, written, presentation, listening.
• Both a leader (two subordinate positions) and a team player, strong interpersonally.
Minimum Qualifications for the Accounting Manager position include:
• Strong technical knowledge – Accounting/reporting/analysis, Accounting software/systems and Microsoft Office applications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. Master’s Degree, CMA or CPA is a plus.
• Five years Accounting experience, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity. Jewelry industry experience is a plus.
James Sons offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, and a full employee benefits package for this position. Those interested in and qualified for the Accounting Manager position should e-mail a resume and a targeted cover letter highlighting their fit for the above stated Responsibilities and Characteristics.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers