employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Label: PANDSBU-06481-QualEngr
For the Quality Engineer who takes pride in improving the customer experience and quality excellence, this is an ideal time to join Panduit! Working in a customer focused culture of quality, you will be a key contributor to the success of your product lines. You will focus on proactively building quality into the products, mitigating quality risks, driving quality, productivity, and improving costs for the Panduit Network Infrastructure Business Unit.
As a Quality Engineer working from our Tinley Park, Illinois, Innovation Center, your primary mission will be to apply quality engineering principles to improve product and process quality for our Enterprise Products lines. In this role you will have the opportunity to make an impact and broaden your knowledge as we continue to improve these products and our processes. You will participate in Advanced Quality Planning with a multidisciplinary team for your product lines, and make an impact on design of new products. An analytical mindset and eye for detail when evaluating reports, data, and trends is what will enable you to propose improvements and effectively communicate process change in a positive direction.
Sharp multi-tasking skills are part of a “day in the life” as you switch gears among concurrent projects, some short-term and some long-term. Seamless collaboration with other teams will be key to success in this role, as you receive and interpret feedback regarding what “is” and what “isn’t” working. An analytical mindset and eye for detail when evaluating reports, data, and trends is what will enable you to propose improvements and effectively communicate process change in a positive direction. An Engineering degree and knowledge of Quality Principles is required. ASQ Certification and business acumen are not required but are highly desirable, and will put your resume ahead of the rest. Extra points for experience with metal forming, metal fabrication, assembly operations, plastic molding and extrusion, circuit board design, cable assemblies, and supplier quality management. Keep reading below for more about what we value in our newest team member.
What You'll Do:
• Lead Advanced Quality Planning
• Control Plans
• Process Capability Analysis
• Measurement Systems Analysis
• Supplier Qualifications
• PPAPS (Production Part Approval Process), where required
• Identify customer quality needs
• Incorporate reliability principles into specifications, test plans, and other relevant activities and documents
• Assist with quality training initiatives for the business unit, as needed, including training Quality Specialists and Inspectors
• Develop and implement quality inspection procedures and processes
• Understand quality cost concepts and impact on the business
• Consider the human factor component and the impact on quality initiatives, e.g. CAP, ergonomics, appropriate corrective actions for inadvertent human errors, etc.
• Verify that optimized inspection sampling plans are in place
• Lead quality audits (internal and external) of practices and procedures
• Perform supplier management responsibilities, including dispositioning (non-conforming materials)
• Analyze data relevant to quality inspections initiatives and generates performance improvement conclusions and reports to show findings
• Drive supplier quality improvement
• Develop, operate and maintain quality control systems (including audit systems), which assure approved quality levels and standards to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
• Lead and drive quality assurance and improvement activities within division
• Apply metrology and statistical measurement to problem analysis and propose metrology and statistical methods to improve quality levels via process control methods such as capability analysis, system effectiveness analysis, Gage R&R, etc.
• Improve procedures, instructions, test methods and conducts measurement system analysis, as appropriate
• Handle customer/vendor special needs and complaints
• Lead efforts to determine root cause of complaints
• Implement appropriate corrective action
• Identify opportunities and recommend quality solutions and techniques.
Panduit Corp. provides equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Since 1955, Panduit has offered end-to-end industrial, electrical, and network infrastructure solutions that deliver best-in-class network performance with superior quality, operational efficiency, and easy installation. Innovative infrastructure offerings from Panduit – from the known and trusted network cables to design plans that maximize data center investment – affect day-to-day operations and profitability, and become the foundation for successful, connected, future-ready businesses. With a robust partner ecosystem, global staff, and unmatched service and support, Panduit is a valuable and trusted advisor and provider, helping companies around the globe solve infrastructure challenges. For more information, visit www.panduit.com.
What You'll Bring
If you meet the description above, and you are ready to be a hands-on contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic quality environment, please apply online today for our careful consideration.
To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our online interview system managed by HireMojo.Apply for this job
Once you have completed the interview, your information will be forwarded to the recruiting team for decisions on next steps.
Related Keywords: quality engineer, quality manager, new product development, advanced quality planning, failure modes and effects analysis, control plans, measurement system analysis, culture of quality, customer experience, cost of quality, design, data center, infrastructure, supplier quality management, cable assemblies, control plans, metal forming, metal fabrication, assembly operations