compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
As part of our corporate vision to be the Leading Partner for our customers, the SMS group entities of SMS Technical Services LLC and SMS USA LLC have merged as of January 1, 2018. The merged SMS group North America is responsible for new equipment sales, upgrades and modernizations for North American metals producers, and is a world leader in outsourced maintenance services for the steel and non-ferrous metals industry. SMS group North America, a member of the SMS group family, is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
At SMS group, we are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source. Apart from traditional refurbishment services for all major OEM equipment, you can also take advantage of our comprehensive field services and modernization projects. Steel production is our largest market, where we supply world class new equipment and actively support operations and maintenance devising solutions throughout the process from melting and casting to rolling and finishing. In addition to new equipment supply, our Forging division has experienced maintenance specialists who focus on closed and open-die forging, powder metal presses, extrusion presses, and ring rolling. New equipment supply, maintenance services, and spare parts inside the aluminum industry crosses a wide variety of products including flat rolling mill equipment, plate stretchers and extrusion presses. For tubes and pipes, our unique broad know-how covers the complete line of processes from ERW to spiral welded pipe as well as seamless producing operations utilizing equipment from cold drawing and pilger mills to piercing mills. It is our commitment to be the Leading Partner for our customers guiding and assisting our customers to make equipment and process decisions that allow them to remain competitive in an ever evolving global market, and serve as a single source for new equipment, maintenance and spare parts that our customers can trust and value.
Develop your talents with us at SMS group located in Mokena, IL
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Drug Screen and Physical Capacity Profile Test
· Disassemble, clean, repair, assemble, and test components of customer equipment
· Work from charts, work sheets, established procedure, and instructions from supervisor and other
· Check incoming components; measure critical design dimensions, assembly parts other parts for
defects, and record.
· Assist other Assembly/Repair to check components.
· Clean components using water, wire brush, grinder, etc.
· Disassemble components using impact wrenches and hand tools.
· Assemble components, and assist other Assemblers/Repairmen to make settings and take
· Perform minor maintenance repairs on equipment.
· Keep work area, tools and equipment clean and orderly.
· Utilize crane and material handling equipment including hi-lo.
· Be a safety minded worker who is dependable and able to maintain an excellent attendance
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Reading / Writing skills (literacy) as required
· Mathematics - Knows advanced shop math, and other functions necessary for the job
· Completes SMS Group New Employee Orientation
· Completes OSHA General Industry 10 Hour Course
· Reviews and assists with development of all job related JSA's/ Work instructions
· Completes SMS Group Crane and Rigging Training
· Completes SMS Group Forklift Operator Training
· Completes Basic ISO Training
· Completes all training and education deemed necessary by management
Experience and Skills:
· Hazard Recognition - knows / understands hazards of the job assignments before starting a job
· Communication - effectively communicate with other employees
· Advanced Measuring - use various complex measuring devices and gages as required
· Cranes - lifts equipment safely, knows where disconnect switches are, performs daily crane
inspections, loads and unloads trucks, stages equipment
· Work from bills of material, purchasing lists, shipping documents and parts/ shop supplies
· Mechanical Aptitude
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers