Our great client in Ottawa, IL has an immediate contract to hire opening for a IT Desktop Support Technician.
M-F - 9am-5pm. May require occasional weekend work but you will know well in advance
Provides timely, accurate and on-call systems maintenance, support and enhancements. Installs and upgrades software and hardware. Monitors and troubleshoots system performance. Develops and runs related automation scripts and reporting tools.
Provides timely and accurate end user technical support.
• Works on short duration, routine hardware and software issues
• Focuses exclusively on day to day operational activities
• Supports installs, upgrades and supports infrastructure software and hardware for applications, systems and helpdesk groups
• Helps to recommend and schedule repairs
• Assists in the development and maintenance of script tools, batch files and testing equipment
• Participates in the isolation of system issues
• Resolves assigned technical issues encountered in system architecture and infrastructure
• Supports planning and implementation of back-ups, disaster recovery, and security actions
• Administers service and support
• Participates in assessing and implementing new hardware and software
Problem Solving and Analysis:
• Identifies and resolves technical issues on multiple platforms
• Follows standard practices and procedures to analyze problems and/or data
• Escalates non-routine technical issues or requests to senior members of the team for resolution software
• Analyzes simple problems that have a set of possible solutions
• Able to determine the most appropriate procedure to follow
Decision Making/ Autonomy:
• Work is assigned by team leader or mentor with detailed instructions as to how to complete assignments and reviewed by more experienced team members
• Escalates all issues not defined by best practices to team leader for resolution
• Uses standardized procedures to complete work under supervision
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers