QR Code Link to This Post
Entry Level Security Guards
Looking to expand and grow your resume in the security industry?
Securitas Security is on the search for motivated, ready to work individuals! Ideal candidates must be willing and able to perform the various daily tasks. Candidates should have strong communication skills and possess a friendly, helpful personality. Must be able to conduct walking patrols throughout a retail facility.
PAY: $11.50 per hour
HOURS: Full-time; Mon-Fri 1st shift
LOCATIONS: Carol Stream, IL
For questions about this job opportunity or others, please give the Downers Grove office a call at 630-963-9456
• paid vacation time
• Extensive training programs
• Dedicated Region and Area Management staff to support you!
• Career growth opportunities!
• Employee Purchase Programs
• COMPANY PAID UNIFORMS!
CAREER & EDUCATION ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Securitas LEAD (Learning, Education, and Development) Program:
• We have partnered with Purdue Global University to provide affordable education opportunities for careers in security, public safety, criminal justice, business, fire science, informative technology, or emergency management
• Online education offering 4 different certificate programs consisting of four 10-week courses per program
• Securitas Security Services will pay 90% of the cost!!! *must be able to meet eligibility requirements*
DAILY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Access control
• Patrols premises
• Reports suspicious activity
• Responds in emergency situations
• Preserves order
• The ability to utilize a tablet, computer or smartphone.
• With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
• Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
• Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
• Valid Driver's License- required for some sites/locations
Think YOU can handle the challenge? Come be a piece of our Securitas armor and help shield our clients from harm!
Please Click Here to apply