FAST GROWING payroll processing company in Oakbrook Terrace has an immediate opening for a Payroll & Benefits Specialist to assist our payroll clients.
QR Code Link to This Post
Precision Payroll of America is a locally-owned leader in the payroll industry. We focus on customer satisfaction and a friendly work environment! It is a great place to work!!
This position is predominately responsible for processing payroll for our clients. In addition the individual will be trained on completing the software fields in the human resources and benefits modules. This is a secondary priority.
The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is a full-time hourly position with occasional overtime. Enjoy up-scale office space, on-site cafe and exercise, as well as a full benefits package. This is a direct-hire position.
* Be the helpful, friendly and supportive voice/person that our clients want to talk to when issues develop
* Accurately assist clients with payroll processing questions or benefits information input via phone and e-mail
* Advise clients on payroll best practices
* Handle special payroll activities such as garnishments, bonus entries, corrections and other issues for which our clients request additional personal assistance
* Support client special benefits data entry such as for PTO accruals, employee insurance contributions or 401k contribution and match calculations.
* Troubleshoot payroll issues
* Handle common software modifications to allow entries or to generate reports
* Transition payroll clients to new software, including training and client support
* Have a strong commitment to generating perfect payrolls every day – no employee should have a messed-up paycheck – you make sure that does not happen!
* Positively transition all new payroll/benefits clients from the Conversion Specialist so that a seamless hand-off is managed and the client is well cared for.
* Handle projects as they develop and communicate the status as needed
* Follow internal procedures and processes, and discuss with management when exceptions are needed
* Handle all changes or problems with direct deposits and other money transfers
* Ensure that all of our clients are fully satisfied with their experience with us
* Be patient and listen when explaining the process of preparing the client’s payroll and the reasons for all special actions so they understand and learn about the payroll and benefits system
* Prepare documentation and records on the client
* Coordinate with other internal departments in areas such as Tax, Training, IT, Conversion, Sales, Distribution, HR Consulting and Administration.
* Several years of experience with a payroll processing company or PEO
* Some formal education or training in payroll or related topic
* Several years of experience as a payroll processor for an in-house payroll department
* Knowledge of payroll processes, common benefits, wage and salary calculations, payroll taxes, and best practices
* Positive daily focus on great customer service
* High level of accuracy with numbers, data and processes
* Solid numerical comprehension and data-entry expertise and efficiency
* Ability to juggle priorities with regular interruptions and phone calls
* Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under time pressure
* Must enjoy a fast-paced, customer focused environment
* Great phone skills for positively assisting clients
* Professional verbal and written communication skills
* Solid technology skills and comfort using computers, software, keyboards, mouse
* Fast learner - ability to quickly learn our payroll software system and benefits module so you can step into the new role as soon as possible
* Desire to provide clients with highly personalized service, be their solutions source and respond quickly to their needs
* Enjoys helping co-workers and having tasks vary as customer needs vary
* Enjoys working in a smaller company, with a tight cohesive team
* Ability to keep information confidential
* Ability to comfortably remain sitting for most of the shift and use both hands to enter data into a keyboard and/or use mouse.
* Ability to visually identify and comprehend numbers on monitors and paper
The Precision Payroll of America website is: www.precisionpayroll.com