Hours: Friday and Saturday night, 10:30 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.
The security officer is responsible for appropriate measures designed to protect the health and welfare of and maintain a safe environment for the university's students, staff, and faculty including but not limited to, disturbances, violations of university property, and/or possible criminal activity. The security officer is expected to respond to emergency and disaster situations. All employees are expected to promote good will and a positive image of National University of Health Sciences (NUHS).
Conduct continuous campus-wide patrols, including but not limited to:
• Close and lock doors and windows and turn off all lights in offices and classrooms
• Open and close all buildings at set times and set alarms on applicable doors
• Check all dorms and apartment housing
• Provide monthly inspections of life safety equipment on campus (i.e.: fire extinguishers, exit lights, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Respond to all complaints
• Record all contacts, events, or security-related observations in the security log book.
• Complete a security report for any violation of the university
• Enforce university's policies, especially as they relate to conduct and safety
• Monitor and restrict all disruptive behavior or alcohol-related offenses
• Provide reasonable assistance to students or university personnel; example: escort requests
• Provide liaison between NUHS security personnel and Lombard police personnel when applicable.
• Provide advice on improving NUHS security
• Customer service oriented/strong interpersonal and communication skills
• High School graduate
• Detail oriented
• PERC Registered with the State of Illinois
• Minimum 3-4 years experience in a college or university.
To apply, please email or fax your resume to 630-889-6570.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers