compensation: Salary based on experience, 401K, health insurance employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
An industry-leading Digital Imaging Hardware and Software manufacturer seeks a Technical Support Specialist for their product line of scientific digital imaging cameras and digital imaging software.
Primary Job Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Working with customers via phone, e-mail and chat to register and activate our products (training will be provided).
• Assisting our customers with basic technical support issues (training will be provided).
• Testing our digital cameras using existing testing procedure.
• Assisting with basic PC setup periodically.
• Working with our internal team to understand the nuances of the product and to suggest changes as identified during customer interaction.
• Updating and maintaining our existing product Help files.
• Updating and maintaining our existing product manuals.
• Reviewing and revamping internal technical documentation.
• Perform online training sessions with our customers related to our products. Periodic onsite assistance and training sessions.
Knowledge & skills required:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 10
• Microsoft Office (MS Word / MS Excel / MS PowerPoint / MS Access)
• Good team player with a can-do attitude
• Creative person who takes initiative
• Able to work independently without continuous direction (once trained)
• Adobe RoboHelp or similar
• Working knowledge of MS SQL Server and Oracle from setting up standpoint.
• Background with Help Desk support., ticketing systems
• Bilingual a plus, not a requirement (English / Spanish)
• Salary based on experience
Paid Time Off (Vacation and holidays)
Location and Hours:
• Full-time position
• Villa Park, IL. Monday ~ Friday (8:00 AM ~ 5:00 PM)
• In-office position (telecommute and work from home not a primary option)
• Should be authorized to work (sorry, no sponsorship available)
Please reply with a copy of an updated resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities