compensation: $16 - $20 an hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Position: IT Help Desk / System Support
Location: Itasca, IL
Employment Type: Part-Time to Full-Time
SolVast, a Managed IT Service Provider is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist who can supplement onsite and remote Help Desk support to client inbound service requests for PC Infrastructure support. Primary responsibilities will be to support, upgrade, install and troubleshoot IT related hardware devices within a structured SMB environment. Excellent opportunity for building industry experience.
The IT Support resource requires the ability to operate with minimum guidance from Management, and can report site service activities as needed. Successful candidate will have experience managing one or more technical resources.
IT Support responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of IT Projects and related technical implementations
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Manage Microsoft Exchange users and distribution lists
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic Understanding of Computer and related systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field
- 2 years of relevant technical experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities